If you are one of our faithful readers, you know that we recently celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a road trip back to the scene of the crime and a two night honeymoon that we missed the first time around in Niagara Falls, Canada.
Now we’re gearing up to give ourselves the ultimate 40th anniversary honeymoon on the Ultimate Scandinavia and Russia Cruise and we’re doing it in style. We leave on Royal Caribbean’s Serenade June 17th for an 11 night cruise that will take us to Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland and Russia. We have a balcony and we’ll be in port 10 of the 11 days, something we love.This was tops in our bucket list and everything aligned to make it possible. In short, the price was too good to pass.
But before any of that happens, we needed to make all the other arrangements before and after the cruise. Coordinating everything is the stuff nightmares are made of and I was the lucky soul who got to pull it all together.
Here’s what I’ve done:
1. Bought new, lightweight luggage
2. Bookend hotels in Orlando that will store our vehicle free of charge until we return.
3. Round trip air on Jet Blue from Orando to New York’s JFK airport.
4. Roundtrip air on Air France from JFK to Copenhagen.
5. Two nights at a hotel in Copenhagen
6. Booked all tours for St. Petersburg (they sell out quickly)
7. One night at a hotel in Stockholm
8. Ordered Euros from our local bank
Of course, there plenty of logical reasoning behind the above choices and helpful tips and funny stories I’ll share with you about in the weeks prior to leaving.
In the meantime, my research on what to see and do continues.